Pai skincare has always been one of my fave skincare brands for clients with sensitive skin, so I was thrilled to be invited to cover Nutrition for their Wellness Week. We focused on Mood vs Food and the role food and our lifestyle can play on influencing our mood. It went super well - they were all so interested & enthusiastic in what I had to share with the group & they all so loved their goodies. Thanks to all the extremely generous healthy brands for making it easier to show the group my fave examples of the products and nutrients I discussed In the talk. I thought I'd share a few nuggets below, from my talk.
Top Five Good Mood Nutrients
- Tryptophan Foods to encourage feel-good hormones (oats, nuts, seeds, free range eggs and poultry)
- B Vitamins to boost energy and stable mood (grass fed beef, wild fish and leafy greens)
- Bioavailable calcium sources to help calm muscles and the nervous system (broccoli, sesame seeds, sardines)
- Omega-3 Essential Fatty Acids to reduce inflammation while helping build hormones and neurotransmitters for a healthy brain and reduced anxiety (wild oily fish is best)
- Iron to help transport oxygen round the body to keep fatigue at bay (dark leafy greens, grass fed beef, lentils)
Not forgetting the magic mineral Magnesium - read more about that one in another blog post on here too!
Looking forward to my next Wellness Event...